The beach is not just for Summer! Plan your mid-winter getaway! It’s a New Year and we wanted to share some local activities in January! Beach combing is a year round activity in Rhode Island with more than 400 miles beaches to explore. Plus...dogs are allowed on most during the winter months and we have accommodations for your furry friends! The following are just a few suggestions for fun.
ACTIVITIES for FUN!
- Ice Skating at Boss Ice Arena in Kingston (only 16 minutes away from the Inn)
- Skiing, Snowboarding and Snow Tubing at Yawgoo Valley in Exeter (only 24 minutes away from the Inn)
- Star Gazing Nights every Wednesday and Friday at the Frosty Drew Observatory (7-11:30pm) in Charlestown (only 17 minutes away from the Inn) Did you know that South County, Rhode Island boasts the darkest stretch of night sky between Boston and New York City?
- The Knickerbocker Music Center for LIVE music! Known for hosting regional and national bands with an emphasis on the blues. (31 minutes away from the Inn)
- Take a HIKE! Check out the 3-mile hike on the Browning Woods Trail in the South Kingston Land Trust. All welcome. First Saturday of each month from 10-11:30am.
- Dance the Night Away – Wednesdays - take your choice of dance lessons at The Towers with a breathtaking views of the ocean! No experience or partner needed. Ballroom, Latin, Country, West Coast Swing & Argentine Tango. (4 blocks from the Inn)
LOCAL DINING SPECIALS
- Prime Time Sundays & Mondays at the Coast Guard House – Prime Rib dinner plus two sides for only $27.50. Served all day!
- Pier Menu Special at TRIO – Monday through Thursdays – Two Course dinner plus a drink for only $26.95.
- Wellington Wednesdays at the Coast Guard House – Beef Wellington, all day, for only $28.50!
- Throwback Thursdays at the Coast Guard House – get a 1.5 lb lobster dinner plus two sides for only $28.50. Served all day!
- Fish Fest Fridays at George’s of Galilee – from 3-5pm All You Can Eat clam cakes, chowder, and fish & chips for $16.99!
- Buck A Shuck Fridays at George’s of Galilee – from 4-6pm Monday-Friday. $1 local oysters and littlenecks.
- Twin Lobster Sundays at George’s of Galilee – two lobsters for only $35!
So book now and see the other seasons in Narragansett at great rates that still include our made to order breakfast.
Remember, always Book Directly with the inn for the best rates and full room availability